I have had a Senetti (more info) for about 18 months, and last year it was attacked by aphids. Initially the leaves had a worm like discolouration, as if something was attacking or eating them. Are the two things linked?
Some soapy water and some insect spray seemed to eliminate the aphids. I cut off many of the 'infected' leaves which almost killed the plant. I bought some new Senetti recently and they seem to have suddenly exhibited the same worm like attack. I want to save the plants from the same worm like attack
What is it, and how do I get rid of them?
A couple of other things in case they're relevant
- Balcony is south facing and so I tend to give them a load of water every few days, depending upon weather
- I do put plant food into the soil to help them grow
- I seem to have a lot of very delicate spider's webs across some of my other plants (although I've not seen any spiders)
- I'm on the 7th floor so a fair way up for small flies to come
- the bees keep coming all the way up, so the plants must be doing ok