I took the photo below in a country park so I don't know what it is called. Is there a term for the shape besides "ball" like? I tried searching for general descriptions online but I couldn't find anything

Purple Flower

Edit: I had used a link to flickr before SE used imgur.com for hosting images. I think I'd moved the images around in flickr which broke the url. I only had two photos of this flower so it's not too bad. You can find this and other flower images on my flickr account

  • 1
    in addition to the flower a photo of the leaf is always helpful
    – kevinskio
    Apr 28 '13 at 12:46
  • Your image is toast, any chance of an update?
    – ashes999
    Jun 3 '14 at 17:02
  • Sorry about the image not working. I'm just looking into figuring out which one it was. I still have the images so I should get it sorted soon.
    – Kioshiki
    Apr 19 '15 at 19:13

This is a type of primrose, the Primula denticulata (drumstick primrose), owing to the flower morphology.

  • Thanks. That got me on the right track and I was able to find what I'm quite sure is the same plant. I wasn't sure about the accepted way to put that in so I decided to edit your answer rather than submitting my own.
    – Kioshiki
    Apr 28 '13 at 9:55

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.