I have planted a garden and have a pop up from my irrigation system that is capped. If I loosen the cap too much water comes out flooding the plants nearest to the pipe.

I am wondering if there is something I can attach to this to slowly water the plants throughout the bed.

garden and irrigation pipe irrigation pipe closeup

  • What are you mulching the garden with?
    – Jurp
    Apr 30 at 22:34
  • @Jurp hadn’t decided yet. If there’s something that will work better with a specific irrigation system I am open to recommendations on both.
    – ahsteele
    Apr 30 at 23:40
  • 1
    There are many different sprinkler heads available , you should be able to find one that will do what you want. May 1 at 14:19
  • @blacksmith37 so just a basic sprinkler head will screw onto this?
    – ahsteele
    May 1 at 14:32
  • 1
    You may need a male/female fitting but there are both male and female thredad heads. May 1 at 19:21

1 Answer 1


There are commonly available adapters to convert from a pop-up to driplines. Some even include a pressure regulator for the dripline, or valves per dripline.

Complexity and price vary, mostly in tandem.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge that you have read and understand our privacy policy and code of conduct.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.