These dark spots have appeared on my tomatoes. I assume it's some sort of desease, but can't quite figure out which one.
And a few notes:
- the colour of the spots is a bit inconsistent - some look like just black dots, while others are spots with a bit of a brownish tone and sometimes it's a black dot on one of these brown spots
- none of them have a white center
- there are no white or yellow halos
- the leaf gradually turns lighter and more and more of these spots will appear until the leaf dries completely
- it usually starts more around the edges of the leaf rather than the center
- oddly enough the middle part of the plant is where it usually starts (ie not from the older bottom leaves nor the younger top ones, but somewhere in between)
- it doesn't look like there's a set direction in which it travels (ie to towards the bottom or top of plant), so I assume it's just whatever leaves are nearest?
- the fruit and stem are both unaffected
And another note: when the spots first appeared they all looked slightly purplish, but now they are all in the brown (or black) tones (even the newest ones)