My garden has an ash tree that is about 7 meters high, and I would like to replace it.
The issue with the current tree is that:
- It has been planted too close to the neighbour's garden. For this reason, the previous owners pruned it so that branches don't grow over their garden but leaving it all protruding into our garden. This has resulted it in having an ugly shape.
- Over the years, it has been poorly pruned, and the branches seem to be all grooved close together.
- It's also growing too close to our house with branches growing against walls and windows.
I'd like to cut it down and replace it with a new tree in a better position in the garden. I'd like the new tree to be:
- Ideal for German climate
- Native to Germany/northern Europe
- Possibly without fruits
- Deciduous (so it can let light through in winter /shade in summer)
Any suggestions? Or are there apps/websites out there that can be used to filter through some of my criteria?