What is the technical name for this style of hoe?

enter image description here

Source: Reddit

The reason I ask is:

I'm trying to find this style of hoe for sale in Ontario, Canada.

But when I google "hoe", the results only have the spade portion of the hoe, not the spikes.

1 Answer 1


I don't know that there's a single technical name for the tool, which derived from a two-prong/two-spike variant of a mattock. I've seen:

There is also a "Mattock and Fork" with three spikes instead of two.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.