I re-seeded my pole beans yesterday, after soaking the seeds. Today I discovered I had confused the bush bean packet with the pole bean packet, and what I actually planted yesterday, along the edges of a four-pole teepee, was the bush bean seeds. Do I have to wait until they come up before pulling them out? (The whole point of the thing was that I had an itch to try my hand at pole beans for the first time.)
The soil is quite heavy (high clay content), and we've had a lot of rain lately. I wonder if trying to find them will be like looking for a needle in a haystack.
Other options that occur to me:
plant the real pole beans in the same place, and let them co-exist
wait a week and then plant the real pole beans in the same place, with the idea of transplanting the bush bean seedlings to the other location, since they'll presumably germinate first