For sterilising cocopeat/garden soil/potting mixes, I am thinking of using a big vessel from the kitchen on a stove with water. My question is, will this vessel be usable for cooking if I clean it with detergent/utensil liquid soap thoroughly or would I keep it away from cooking because of health hazards (possible fungi, insects etc.)

  • Good luck, you just killed your soil life, but not to worry, you just need to add some composting bacteria and fungi back to it. You can reuse things when washed well. – black thumb Apr 3 at 19:13

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.