It is a seedling of Zinnia elegans Super Yoga. The cotyledons have dried out and I have no idea why.
Potentially relevant information:
- The soil media is an equal mix of compost, river silt and coco coir.
- I planted around 12 seeds of which only two germinated. The other one also died a day back, although its stem had wilted when I found it.
- They were planted outdoors, in clear plastic cups with a finger sized hole at the bottom.
- They were watered at least once a day in the morning, I checked in the afternoon and added water to any whose soil color seemed to have changed due to drying. I'd say the amount of water given to each was around a teaspoon to a tabespoon.
- The soil was still moist when I found it in this state.
- Temperature these days over here is 32°C max to 16°C min.
Its my first time gardening and my intention is to narrow down as much as possible as to what could be the possible reasons for their death? Nutrient deficiency? Over\Under watering? Too much or too little sunlight? Bad seeds?