On the edge of three of my flower pots is growing this white hairy layer after I returned from a two weeks vacation. The other pots are not affected while standing in the same room. I gave plenty of water to all plants before I left but took care that there was no water in the coaster.
Search results suggest it might be calcium carbonate or niter. But I guess it's mold because it's hairy. So my questions are:
- Can someone distinguish if it's mold?
- Should I just remove it or change the pot?
- What could be the reason – should I dump my bag of soil and get a new one?