3

I have a snake plant inside my room that is placed on a desk. I heard that such a plant is toxic (if consumed).

So, I'm wondering if it is safe to place my cup of water beside it. The desk is rather small. Do I have to worry about any toxic chemicals emanating from it that might go inside my water?

6

Sansevieria is only toxic if eaten - and then you'll only get an upset stomach because it's not that poisonous. There's no danger from placing it near food or drink.

4

My father as a child took a chomp out of a sansevieria, he described it as just tasting painfully, eye wateringly, stinging bad, he has since survived to be a 74 year old retired botanist...

If you don't notice it altering the taste of your drink I would think that you are well below the threshold of toxicity.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.