Yesterday I was watering one small succulent plant I take care I noticed three Mushroom caps growing next to it. I took a photo and let them be. Today I woke up excitedly to check on them and found that they had opened their caps already, I added some more water and went to work. However now that I'm back from work I noticed that they are drying and look like dying.
They looked like grooved bonnets on an app I'm using, but I'm not sure.
I was expecting that they would stand more than just 24h. Is this normal to this type of mushroom? They aren't anything fancy but I was quite delighted they were there.
Edit: I understand that the organism below the surface is probably alive, my question is focussed on the caps specifically