I live in Montana, here is my zone information:
- 1990 Hardiness Zone: Zone 4b: -25F to -20F
- Average First Frost: September 1 - 10
- Average Last Frost: June 1 - 10
- Koppen-Geiger Climate Zone: Dfb - Humid Continental Mild Summer, Wet All Year
- Ecoregion: 17g - Mid-elevation Sedimentary Mountains
- Elevation: 4793'
On the south side (sun facing side) of my house the light, and heat seems to be reflecting off the house, and onto the grass below starving it of the moisture it needs to survive. I have been struggling to keep grass growing there. At the moment (mild summer) I have managed to keep it alive for the most part with new grass seed, and a small shader I built out of window screen. I would like to put trellis all along that side of the house to grow a vine to provide the grass in that region shade. Does anyone know of a heat resistant perennial vine that will do the job I am looking for, and thrive in my region of the world?