I had some seeds of the dill herb which I planted in a tray with dimensions 6.5 cm x 8 cm. They sprouted successfully within 4-5 days, but started growing slanted as the sunlight was incident at an angle.
- After a couple of days, some of these seedlings (at the edge of the tray) started to fall out of it (probably due to the weight of the other seedlings).
- At this point, I transplanted the seedlings to a slightly bigger pot (with holes for drainage, used potting soil to fill the pot and watered the soil before moving the seedlings).
- While moving the seedlings, some of them were clumped together and were planted in the new pot in the same way (i.e., they were not separated before replanting). There were a few others which were transplanted individually (with roots and soil attached).
- After all the seedlings were moved, I placed some soil (from the original plant) on top and watered it a bit.
- It has now been 2 days and these seedlings have not become completely erect yet. I am not sure if that is okay, or do I need to fix something in the pot (either more soil or separation of seedlings, etc). I have attached a picture of how they look currently.
They are being grown indoors, placed near a window sill where the sun is direct during the morning hours.
Any advise on what the next steps should be will be greatly appreciated! Thank you!