I've been trying to identify this tree, found along the roadside in a hilly area of southwest Ireland (Cork). Some features:
- Small, stiff, serrated leaves that look slightly similar to holly but not as glossy
- Very dense clusters of small white flowers, very fragrant (can easily smell the tree from a few feet back)
- Pleasant smell - similar to roses
- Plant height is roughly 10-12ft high
- Found on roadside directly adjacent to brambles, elder, and gorse
I've been all over numerous identification sites/apps/books, google image search, etc. and have yet to see a similar flower. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!