I want to make a small setup of non-circulating hydroponics by Kratky method for growing Tomatoes/peppers using Milk Jugs. Due to COVID, I would like to get all the necessary items delivered home. So I chose Amazon.com.
- Budget: $50-100
- Number of plants: just for home needs so: 5-10 plants.
- Fertilizer: MASTERBLEND 4-18-38 Complete Combo Kit Fertilizer Bulk (12.5 Pound Kit) $40
- Net slit pots: 50 2 Inch Net Slit Pots for Hydroponic Aeroponic Use $16
- Seeds: Beefsteak Tomato Seeds - 250 Seeds Non-GMO $2
- Seedling starters: Seedling Starter Trays, 144 Cells: (24 Trays; 6-Cells Per Tray), Plus 5 Plant Labels $9
- Growing Medium: I found three options
- Growing pots: used and sterilized 1 gallon Milk Jugs.
Total Price: $79/85/86
What do you think about this setup? will this work? Am I missing something? Are there any other cheaper/reliable options?