This question already has an answer here:

I was looking through my vegetable garden this evening and noticed two of these bugs crawling over my lettuce:

enter image description here

Does anyone know what type of bug this is and if it's something I need to get rid of?


marked as duplicate by J. Musser, kevinsky, Niall C. Jan 3 '15 at 2:24

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.


I believe I found the answer after searching around a bit on this site:


I think they're called Ladybird Larvae, but please let me know if anyone thinks differently.

  • 2
    So in a sense, they are good to have around. On the other hand, since they eat stuff you don't want around, their presence means that you also have bugs for them to eat. A balance is all you can ask for. – user923 May 18 '12 at 16:38
  • 1
    also known as ladybug larvae see google.ca/images?q=ladybug larvae – kevinsky May 18 '12 at 17:39

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.