I recently bought a house built circa 1970 in France, and it came with an automatic watering system (date of setup unknown, so any time between then and now), controlled by this:

enter image description here

I've been unable to find any kind of instructions on how to operate the triple cogs systems on the web, searching for "flash" or "flask" (whatever that brand is) doesn't yield anything.

Would anyone know (ideally) what's this model so that I can find instructions, or at least have an idea on how to operate the cogs?

  • Great question! It is probably a model from the 70s and still functional! I would say adjust the wheels, and plug in your pump in the plug opening. – benn Jul 16 '18 at 13:36
  • Actually, the water is flowing, I'm just having a hard time understanding what the wheels do on the "automation" part. But I investigated a bit, and from what I understand, the orange and black arrows on the cogs hit the 3 black plastic bits at the top, rotating small cogs inside, making the circuits go on and off. I'm still far from understanding everything though ^^ For now, I'll keep using the manual mode (two switches that one barely see on the bottom of the photo) – C4stor Jul 16 '18 at 14:11
  • Do the purplish pins on the dial pull out? – AllInOne Jul 16 '18 at 23:26
  • 1
    A picture of just the dial from straight on would help. – AllInOne Jul 16 '18 at 23:28
  • Might consider posting in diy SE if no answer here. – AllInOne Jul 16 '18 at 23:29

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.