The Leyland Cypress is now blocking the view intended so we'd like to have someone move it a couple of feet to the left. Is this a cause for concern for the survival of the tree?
I don't know what you mean by 'B & B cypress', but if you mean Cupressus leylandii (now Cuprocyparis leylandii), and by 'very recently' you mean in the last 4 - 6 weeks, then yes, it can be moved now because it won't have had time to put out many roots into the surrounding soil.
On the other hand, if 'very recently' means 6 months ago, and you're not living in the southern hemisphere of the planet, then no, you will have to wait till autumn (fall). The longer its been in situ, the higher the risk of damage to the tree.
The other thing is, moving it by only two feet seems too little - these trees get very large indeed, and two feet is likely to be neither here nor there - if its already blocking your view, it will still do so eventually, even if its moved by two feet.