I had 3 stems of schefflera plant but 2 of them died and I was left with one. It was doing well but the roots were minimal and I found some worm in the soil that may have damaged the stem right above the root. I washed it and cleaned it and repotted it in new soil.
Then I read cutting the the top part of the plant right above the node will stimulate it to grow further and I did that as you can see in the second image. However since then its branches have been droopy and are wilting. Is there anything else I can do about it? I do no want it to die as it is from a dear friend. I'm keeping it under good sunlight for 8 hours and at room temperature.
This is a week after repotting and finding the worms. This is how the root looked like. Is the white stuff fungus?
This is how much roots it has:
This is after I washed it off the soil so we can have a clearer look at the roots ans the stem:
Can I cut off the lower part and hope for it to revive and build a new root system? This is what I did with the side branches:
Update: Ok, instructions followed and my fingers are kept crossed for any new growth from any of them, pics attached.
Will follow up with pics as soon as a new root or develops or otherwise in 6 wks hopefully. Thanks a lot:)
So heres an update after a week of cutting up the stem as per instructions followed.. in hope new roots will be made and the other severed stem was cut into half and put in water.. but all results are drastic. The mainnstem left in the soil was shrinking and getting a peau d'orange appearance ( the dotty skin appearance of oranges) as.. it was rotting away slowly and so did the stems i kept in water. Images attached..this was the end of.my.schefflera plant.. i wish i did not decide to cut the top of it as it was doing well till then. [ this is the main stem left in soil.. most of it turned yellow]. (https://i.stack.imgur.com/6TKOt.jpg)
Regarding the side braches of leaves that i have put in water for roots to grow...its still has no roots but its green and thriving well.