I'm growing oyster mushrooms in a plastic bag on sterilized cardboard and coffee grinds. I was quite stringent with cleanliness at set up, and it's been OK for a couple of weeks, but now there are green patches on the surface of the substrate. I scraped them off with a spoon and chucked them, but I might have pushed a bit deeper into the substrate by accident. How bad is this stuff, and does salt really work to get rid of it ? Will the oyster mycelium fight the green, do they coexist, or will the green harm the oyster mycelium ? Thanks.
If you're trying to grow mushrooms vs creating a cardboard culture, then you might try and salvage it by burning the contamination out by using a magnifying lens. However, you're introducing billions of presumably trichoderma spores into your environment if that fails.
Another possibility is to try and salvage some clean looking mycellium and start another culture going. Although ostreatus is supposed to be quite aggressive, I've seen green mold take it over.