I have a Chinese elm that came in at spring time and placed it in the same location as the other Chinese Elms that came in on the same order.
This tree had lush growth on it and after a week or two the leaves started to curl up and turn brown / yellow until they fell off.
I have done the following and now struggling to understand the issue.
- I placed it in a 5 litter pot with well drained soil.
- Allowing the soil become almost dry between watering.
- Treated the tree for fungi infections.
- Checked roots for rotting
- Checked for pests and insects
- Tested the soils PH Levels
- No fertiliser has been used
- Contacted the supplier asking for information on where it was kept ie. temperature amount of sun and matched it.
Any chance during transit this tree got its dates wrong and think its winter?
I am not new to bonsai, I just think I might have missed something and if this tree dies least this question might help someone else.
A few weeks ago we placed a few weeping willow cuttings around the tree as they give rooting hormone into the soil, just encase there was unseen root damage. This morning when i went to take a photo for this question i noticed a green bud...