I have an ugly aluminum patio roof. It doesn't fit in with the rest of the house or neighborhood. It's too expensive to replace so I thought I could grow some vines up it's poles and roof. Add a bit of beauty to distract from the ugly white aluminum.
Does anyone have some recommendations on vines to grow? I suppose the biggest issue is the shear size of my patio roof. Not sure if there are large enough vines that could cover the whole thing. Pictures included at bottom. Each pole is 10.5 ft high. The roof is about 12x25 feet. Quick facts:
- In Southern Texas, Zone 9b.
- Area is well irrigated for lawn but prefer drought tolerant species.
- Soil is clay with ~7.2 ph.
- Patio is west facing, gets alot of full sun
- Prefer flowering species if possible.
- Must climb 10.5 ft just to reach roof.
- Bonus points for native species.