The difference between this and the well known "jelly bean plant" (Sedum rubrotinctum) is that this is edgy/pointy. I was searching for it everywhere on Google, but no trace found. Can someone tell me this plant's name?


  • 1
    Did you find this plant in wild (where?) or it is cultivated? Commented Mar 17, 2017 at 9:02
  • @GiacomoCatenazzi it is cultivated. It was in a bowl in front of a store.
    – iorgu
    Commented Mar 17, 2017 at 13:43
  • 1
    Perhaps Sedum morganianum. There is a variety that has the longer, pointier leaves. hmaplants.com/varieties/sedum-morganianum-pointed-leaf
    – Brenn
    Commented Mar 17, 2017 at 16:24
  • 2
    Try looking through here
    – J. Musser
    Commented Mar 22, 2017 at 18:30

1 Answer 1


I found it in a botanical garden and it is Sedum rupestre/Sedum reflexum. There are two varieties of this species and you can tell them apart when they bloom. One has upright flower stems, the other one has somewhat curved flower stems.

enter image description here

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.