I could use a bit of help working out what plant this is. I bought it a couple of months back from a flower cart lady who had a few boxes of random assorted plants.
A few little details:
- Top of leaves is slightly waxy, underside is matte.
- The leaves are not fleshy. They're quite papery.
- It was dormant until a week or two ago when it started sprouting new leaves.
- The leaves come out of sheaths on the end of the stems.
- I don't know if it's one plant with branches or multiple individual stems shoved into the same pot. I can't see any evidence of branching.
- Can't see any evidence of it having had flowers at any point, maybe it's too young.
- Bought in the UK, but no idea where it could be from originally.
- It was really cheap (£1) so probably something really easy to grow or propagate.