This plant is a member of the Ficus family. This plant is severely pot bound as it wants to grow into a 60 M tree.
To repot I suggest you first consider where you are going to put it. If it is to be placed inside where your ceiling might be 2 - 3 M tall (~8') then this plant is probably too big already.
These plants are rugged and can be cut back hard and will bud out from old stems.
If you are going to put the plant inside then consider the tough love approach.
- cut the roots coming out the pot
- remove the plant from the pot or break the pot
- remove one third of the root ball from the bottom using a sharp knife
- score the root ball with vertical cuts placed around the circumference to promote new growth
- cut back the top growth of the plant to about 1 M tall (3')
- either re use the old pot or get a new one
- add new soil at the bottom and plant it up
- place in high light but not baking in a south exposure
- water after repotting and then wait a few days to water again
- if no buds appear after a month fertilize at half strength
- be patient, this is major surgery!