I received a set of garden tools, and I'm not sure what a couple of them are used for. Could you help me identify these tools?

enter image description here enter image description here

1 Answer 1


The first one's a manual lawn edger, as shown here


Not sure what the second one's for, never seen anything like it, sorry. It's quite difficult to see if its got any gaps behind that front bar, pic's a little dark, might be worth posting more pictures showing it from beneath as well as other angles.

  • I grew up with a manual edger. Great tool but they wear out quickly imo.
    – Evil Elf
    Commented Oct 19, 2016 at 12:38
  • @EvilElf - I use what's called a half moon edger, had the same one for years, just needs sharpening very occasionally...
    – Bamboo
    Commented Oct 19, 2016 at 13:54

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.