I've been loosing more zucchini than have been ripening, and I'm trying to figure out why. This is what I've been noticing:
- Many fruits wither and die when they are just buds - before they fully blossom
- Many more fruits turn yellow and begin to rot at ~2 in. in length
- (they usually start to rot on the blossom end, away from the plant)
- The ones that don't die off grow to a nice full length and look great
- There are many striped cucumber beetles in the blossoms and around the plant
- The plant itself seems very healthy (so far anyway)
Any idea what the problem is, or how to address it? The beetles seem less common this week, but the zucchini aren't doing any better yet.