- Most of the previous threads around such plants are centered/ biased around western nations, so finding ones that fit this Asian/ Indian city is different and key.
- Also, it would help apply to lots of people in polluted Asian cities.
Which of these plants would work best for outlined Mumbai Weather & conditions:
- Better fit for Mumbai Weather
- Pollution cleansing; If needed I can try to post pollutant information for a major crowded Metropolitan city in Asia like Mumbai
- Low Maintenance for an apartment Window/ Balcony
- Current window/ balcony is South facing; so should get enough sunlight except during days in monsoon where there is darker cloud cover
- Tall sliding windows with a 8-12" ledge on outside and 8" ledge on inside of window. Open to suggestions that work for both inside and outside
Please advise on what would be a more fitting shortlist from these.
NASA Clean Air Plants & Reference Answers with recommendations on SE:
- What are some houseplants that can clean the air, especially chemicals from cigarettes?
- What are some low maintenance plant choices for apartment (indoor) living?
- What houseplants will best filter the air for a retirement home?
- Infographic - https://www.lovethegarden.com/community/fun-facts/nasa-guide-air-filtering-houseplants
Mumbai Weather Information:
Sources & More information: