My garden hose does not have a threaded female connector at the end. In that case, how can I connect a nozzle to the hose? I tried to find if there is any type of threaded connector that can be inserted into the hose to make a connection but couldn't find any. Is there any such kind of connector?

1 Answer 1


Yes, search for a male garden hose replacement fitting, they are available at most home stores for under $5. They have a barbed fitting that goes into the hose end and a clamp. (On garden hoses and pipes the male end has the threads on the outside and is furthest from the water source, since it goes "inside" of the female end)


  • 5
    And make sure to get one that will work with the size of the hose. Too big a fitting on a small diameter hose, fitting won't fit in. Too small a fitting and it could leak. May 24, 2016 at 23:59
  • If possible you can cut an inch or two off the hose and take it along to the store to ensure the new fitting is the correct size.
    – mfarver
    May 25, 2016 at 13:05
  • Many hardware stores have a jig to attach hose end fittings, and a variety of fittings for different diameter hoses. I paid $8 to have a crushed fitting on the end of a 100 foot hose replaced. May 25, 2016 at 23:01

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.