I have bought a Kalanchoe and it was healthy when I bought it. I have four more plants with the same problem (all purchased from a place like ikea in Ecuador). I wonder if it is a fungus, and how to fight it.
Sure, fungus/virus/bacteria, brought on by too much water and/or not enough light.
- usually on the older growth
- sunken spots on the leaf that start brown and go black
- sometimes in thinner leaves you will see a light dark spot in the centre surrounded by lighter tissue with a thin line between the two. This is the growth/pause cycle in action
Most plants can outgrow these problems if their needs are met. Try this:
- cut back to within one inch from the stem
- move to higher light
- reduce watering
- increase ventilation or open a window
Kalanchoes are pretty tough. Don't worry that you will kill it by pruning.