I potted a Jubilee Blueberry plant 2 weeks ago. The leaves have started to brown this week. The same thing happened to my Spartan Blueberry plant. That one completely browned up and died. How do I prevent my Jubilee from dying too?
- Soil PH appears to be 3. I have no idea how accurate this cheap $5 PH meter is.
- When planting, I mixed in a trowel-full of cottonseed meal. Yesterday, after discovering the alkalinity of the soil, I sprinkpled another trowel-full on the service and watered it in.
- Container has drain holes in the bottom.
- I am in Zone 9 California.
- It has been hotter than usual these past days - 90 degrees F. But the product description of Jubilee says that "this selection performs well in heavier soils through summer heat, and is resilient to winter cold spells."
- Mulched with cedar chips.
- Before transplanting, I massaged the roots to prevent them from circling around. When I pulled my dead Spartan from the pot, I noticed that it never grew new roots. I didn't massage the Spartan.