I am trying to connect my garden hose to my kitchen tap which looks like this.

enter image description here

I foolishly bought http://www.hozelock.com/watering/hose-fittings/connect-to-tap/2177---indoor-round-tap-connector.html but the bevel on my tap stops the connector from holding on properly.

enter image description here

What sort of connector can I buy that will give a reliable connection?

  • 1
    the bevel part looks like the aerator. Unscrew it and see if the thing you bought will then fit. Jun 16, 2015 at 20:11

1 Answer 1


It look like you have a similar tap to ours but you cannot be sure until you take off the aerator and see what size of thread is used and whether the thread is on the outside of the tap or the inside. If the thread holding the aerator is on the outside like ours then most hardware stores will be happy to sell you a ring with kitchen tap thread on the top and outside hose thread on the bottom.

Inside threaded adaptor Inside Thread adaptor

Don't be fooled like I was and consider the flat washer between the ring and the tap to be optional..

  • 2
    But it is optional, if you don't mind water all over your kitchen. Jun 17, 2015 at 12:49

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.