This bug was crawling between my pot garden this morning. Can anyone tell me what it is? (Im sorry for the bluryness, it moves so fast!

enter image description here enter image description here

  • As that idiot says, a centipede. To find the species name though, we may need your location so we can pin-point species.
    – J. Musser
    Jan 15, 2015 at 17:25
  • These bugs are so common, the best thing to do is freak out and feel the numbness in your face when you see all those legs so close together
    – Huangism
    Jan 15, 2015 at 18:05

1 Answer 1


Looks to be some kind of centipede, but I couldn't venture a guess at the species.

  • 2
    Most likely Lithobius forficatus, the garden centipede, but hard to be certain without a close up, and it'd need to be dead to keep it still!
    – Bamboo
    Jan 15, 2015 at 17:42

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge that you have read and understand our privacy policy and code of conduct.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.