Assumptions and details:
- we would apply slow release, predominantly insoluble, organic sources of nitrogen which could include compost, corn gluten meal or any of a number of organic turf fertilizer products.
- the turf would not receive irrigation until memorial day.
- the turf is a mix of fescues and bluegrass with some clover for good measure.
- the property is on the east end of Long Island, NY.
- we would make the first application in mid-April.
What are some general guidelines for application rates, and does the fact that we want to use organic products affect recommended rates?