I have a corkscrew willow, and the bark appears to be falling off around the base of its trunk. It seems as if something could be causing it, but I'm not sure as I haven't see anything obvious.
This is our favorite tree, and I want to make sure it isn't dying, and if something IS wrong, I need to know what can be done to help it.
- Tree is about four years old. Can't remember exactly
- Leaves and everything else looks fine (additional pictures provided)
- We have two riders (Craftsman and a Toro Zero turn).
- We have ~4 acres of mow-able lawn (family property, multiple lots)
- To my knowledge, this is the only "Corkscrew" willow, although we have some other willows
- To my knowledge, this is the only tree with this type of damage - I'll be weed eating this weekend and I'll check elsewhere