New answers tagged

4

This looks like typical wooden-linked mushroom. They come here to feed on the wood you put to feed your earth and this is a good thing: It shows that life is working around your plants in your garden. They won't be a problem to your young plants because they feed on something different, and even better, they enrich the soil for them! The mushrooms will ...


10

No, it's not going to make your radishes inedible, toxic or taste funny. I agree they look like Coprinus of some variety, and Coprinus are edible, though I wouldn't recommend eating them without a definite ID. Regarding the radishes you're growing, bear in mind that, although you can see the mushrooms right now, they are only the fruiting body of underground ...


2

I use the same rule I use with snakes. If you do not know if the mushroom is poisonous count it as automatically poisonous. Its better to mistake a non-poisonous mushroom for a poisonous one, than a poisonous one for a harmless one. I'd say just remove the mushrooms using gloves and wear a mask. Or teach your child not to touch any unfamiliar mushrooms. ...



Top 50 recent answers are included