I live in India. I have quite some space in the terrace. The roofing is of concrete slab with some weather-proofing done and red oxide tiles laid above. The climate is tropical ( Chennai ). I would like to know:
- How to go about setting up a garden in the terrace ?
- Is there any threat to the building structure in the form of water seepages, algae formation etc.
- Are there any specific watering needs as the terrace can get quite hot during the day time.
- Do I use just earthen pots or is it better to construct tray-like concrete structures ?
- Any other precautions to be followed while setting up roof gardening?