Three months ago I bought an (20kg pack) organic compost mix of (horse-)manure/algae/compost. In addition it states "naturally moist". I used some part of it and I put it, loosely closed, in a dry but badly temperature-isolated place. We had some days of 35 C during the last weeks and all in all it was around 22 C during that period.
Today I wanted to use some more of it and when I opened it I found strange things inside:
- White stripe-like threads of 5mm diameter and 10 - 30cm length
- The top-level has become somewhat white/brown and dry.
- A slug
I assume that due to moisture and hot weather things have gone their way and mushrooms and/or whatever else has come to life. Is this bad? Can I still use it? If not, what should I do with it?