Gardening & Landscaping Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for gardeners and landscapers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I got some special hollow (rope/wire/string/tube - I don't know how to call it) - it is green and made of latex about 4 or 5 mm in diameter and used to tie young trees to prevent wind damage.

Can anyone tell me what this is called and maybe where I can buy some more of it?

Or alternatively what other good materials can be used for this purpose?

share|improve this question
Your question will get more attention and better answers if you can supplies photos – Tea Drinker Sep 26 '11 at 10:03
up vote 6 down vote accepted

This looks like what you're talking about. If that's the right stuff, it is called "tying tube", "tree tying tube" or "binding tube".

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.